September 1, 2021
Women@Endeavour - promotes women in mining
To help us recognize the important contribution women make at our company, and further promote opportunities for all women, we recently launched Women@Endeavour.
Through this initiative, we:
- Promote and support the development of women in the mining industry, and their contribution in key leadership roles.
- Promote the inclusion of women in all positions on the value chain, to increase their participation and visibility.
- Support the personal development of women, through collaboration networks and training.
- Provide corporate leadership, by contributing to best practices, equality and increased employment of women in the mining sector.
- Improve diversity and inclusion.
To date, we have introduced two programs:
- Community outreach involving women: We conducted outreach with women in the communities near the Terronera Project to promote work at the mine and recruited local women’s group to support various community projects. The first project involves improving public spaces in Santiago de Pinos, with tasks including bridge painting, road cleanup after heavy rainfall and general maintenance.
- More suitable mining uniforms: Our HR team has analyzed the needs of our women colleagues who work in our operations. Through this process, we found that mine and plant uniforms are not suitably designed for women, causing discomfort and inconvenience. In response, we worked with our purchasing and safety department to source more suitable uniforms, which were made available to our women colleagues in summer 2021.
- Our Planet
- Reports & Resources
- News & Media
© 2022 Endeavour Silver Corp.
All rights reserved.